How Computer Boots up?
HAVE YOU EVER THINK WHATS HAPPENED BEHIND THE LOGO OF WINDOWS 7/10 OR LINUX? WHEN YOU BOOT UP YOUR COMPUTER, From the pressing of the power button there are more than hundred components that are initialized and million lines of code is executed during the process of booting. But what is booting?
What is Booting?
Booting is a process or set of operations that loads and hence starts the operating system, starting from the point when user switches on the power button.
– Turn on the Power button.
– CPU pins are reset and registers are set to specific value.
– CPU jump to address of BIOS (0xFFFF0).
– BIOS run POST (Power-On Self Test) and other necessary checks.
– BIOS jumps to MBR(Master Boot Record).
– Primary Bootloader runs from MBR and jumps to Secondary Bootloader.
– Secondary Bootloaders loads Operating System.