The world of computer technology is developing rapidly and so as the world of Supercomputing. Yeah! that’s right. Supercomputers are way ahead of normal people’s imagination, what it can do with such tremendous power. The competition is real in the supercomputer segment.
Here are some important terminologies used for supercomputers:
- Rmax – The highest score measured using the LINPACK benchmarks suite. This is a number that is used to rank the computers. Measured in quadrillions of floating point operations per second, i.e., petaFLOPS.
- Rpeak – This is the theoretical peak performance of the system. Measured in petaFLOPS.
- Name – Some supercomputers are unique and are thus named by their owner.
- Model – The computing platform.
- Processor cores – The number of active processor cores actively used running LINPACK. After this figure is the instruction set architecture or processor of the cores named.
- Vendor – The manufacturer of the hardware.
- Site – The name of the facility operating it.
- Country – The country in which the supercomputer is located.
- Year – The year of installation.
- Operating system – The operating system of the Supercomputer.
So let’s get to it!
10.] Trinity – Cray XC40
|Linpack Performance (Rmax)||8,100.9 TFlop/s|
|Theoretical Peak (Rpeak)||11,078.9 TFlop/s|
|Power:||4,232.63 kW (Derived)|
|Processor:||Xeon E5-2698v3 16C 2.3GHz|
|Operating System:||Cray Linux Environment|
More than 300,000 cores ? Yeah!