Hey Guys, here’s the official OTA update file for Lenovo A6000. All you get to do is download the zip file from here. And follow the steps: (Make sure your phone is NOT ROOTED or it can brick your phone! Be careful and do this on your own risk)
- Copy the downloaded zip file in the root of your SD Card. (Make sure you have enough space on SD Card)
- Reboot your device in Recovery mode. By pressing Volume Up button and Power button together till the ‘lenovo’ logo appears on your screen.
- Select ‘recovery’, your phone might restart.
- Select update from sdcard
- Choose the .zip file by navigating (volume up and down buttons to navigate and power button to select)
- The update might end by showing an error status 14. Don’t worry simply reboot your device, and enjoy your new lollipop OS.
- It is recommended that you do a factory reset after updating to 5.0.2.
The update has no bugs according to me (tested on Lenovo A6000), it might feel little lagging but after a factory reset it will be fine. The settings menu has an improved simple interface. Camera settings have changed. Of course you get notifications on lock-screen, you can see your mail directly from lock-screen and can choose to delete or reply directly from lock screen.
New themes added to the themes menu, so now including two old themes “Pulse” and “Mirage” there are 4 more themes namely “Colorful”, “Simple”, Sunny” and “Thermal”.
Overall there are lots of improvements, but they have removed the “Face Lock” feature. Yes you can no more unlock your phone by face recognition. Everything else is fantastic. Wish you happy upgrading! 😀
Feel free to ask any queries in comments! And don’t forget to like the post if you enjoy the update!
Thanks for reading this article!